Saturday, August 26, 2006

Debrecen Flower Festival

In the first weekend I had the privilege to see the major event of the city, the world famous Debrecen flower festival. For sure you have heard about it! :P Is just a parade with a bunch of cars with figures made from flowers representing Hungarian myths and historic events. Also they have in the middle groups full of this teenager majorettes, don’t ask me why but Hungarians really seem to love them. It’s nice to see girls throwing sticks threw the air, but I will not give it that relevance. The city was full of people to see the parade; I was told that is the only time in the all year you see more that 10 people after 10 in the main street of the city! I hope not. I just put a few pictures from the first people that I met in this place, by the way really nice and funny, and with who I spent that day. Flower car
Francesco il pazzo, Kleo malaka, Jenny, Susanne and me
Tram number one, but the 2 doesn´t exist neither the 3, it's the Debrecen's tram
The same plus a Hungarian girl, that I don't remember the name
Edit: her name is Edina
Capoeira in Debrecen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bello, the "hungarian girl whose name u dont remeber" is call Edina...
CIAOOooooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

hey hey you did capoiera!!!! sounds good!

gmo said...

I didn't do. I just saw a performance.

Anonymous said...

fodass Duarte ...vais para a Hungria e a primeira gaja que se agarra a ti tem pouco de branca !!!! Para isso ias ali à Damaia... saia-te mais barato!